Travelling with Children
Children especially get very excited before flying and can’t wait to start the adventure. Parents have to think about all sorts of things when travelling with their little explorers. Even seasoned travellers can end up running out of time when organising their family holiday. That is why we have put together some handy tips so that you can relax before, during and after the flight.
Ensure a relaxing journey before the flight:
- You can reserve seats and order children’s meals directly or up to 24 hours before the flight
- Check the entry conditions of the country you are flying to. You might need to apply for a visa in advance.
- Have you thought about travel cancellation insurance?
- Information about luggage allowance can be found here.
- Along with medication, don’t forget to pack your children’s favourite teddy bear, something good to read and a fun game in your hand luggage.
- Check in at your own comfort online under austrian.com 36 hours before departure!
- Think about appropriate clothing. Sometimes the weather is different at your destination.
- For more safety, you may bring a child car seat or a baby seat.
- The “Careskidsfly Safe” child safety harness has been tested and approved on our aircraft. If you want to take your own personal safety belt on board, please note the following requirements:
- The child must weigh between 10-20 kg.
- They must not exceed a height of 1 m.
- Children under the age of 2 need their own seat.
- Register the “Careskidsfly Safe” with email@example.com.
- Please note: Strollers or pushchairs must be handed in at the large baggage counter at Vienna International Airport.
- During the flight, we’ll make the flight go faster for children with toys, games and puzzles as well as with a special entertainment program on our long-haul flights.
- You can find all information at a glance here.
We offer reliable support in exchange for a service fee for
- Unaccompanied children aged between 5 and 11
- Teenagers between the ages of 12 and 18 at the special request of their parents.
- Unaccompanied children: all information about the Austrian childcare service as well as the procedure and costs